The State of Missouri Alcohol Responsibility Training (SMART) program is an interactive, web-based course available free of charge to those who own or work for any Missouri establishment licensed to sell alcohol.
SMART has a new look and new features!
- Users can now retrieve their log in information online 24/7
- Users can now affiliate with multiple establishments
- Accounts are permanent, but users still need to renew certification every two years
- Users can now translate the training into preferred language
SMART will educate you and your employees about the following topics:
Bars & Restaurants:
Additional benefits of SMART
- Free to all participants
- No classes to attend; SMART is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere with an internet connection
- Excellent for training staff quickly in high-turnover environments
- Annual credit on liquor liability insurance with 100% employee certification*
- The Division of Alcohol and Tobacco fully supports the SMART program, and participation in this program will be considered when determining the extent of the retailer’s efforts to prevent violations
*Discount only through participating insurance companies
What people are saying...
Due to my busy schedule, I don’t have the time to personally train all of my employees the way I would like. An online program like SMART provides them with excellent education on alcohol-related issues, but allows me the time to run the rest of my business”
Dana Jenkins, Owner, Fas Gas Convenience Stores - Sikeston, MO
“With an online service such as SMART we will all be on the same page for continuing education on alcohol and the problems that come along with serving alcohol”.
Richard King, The Blue Note - Columbia, MO
“SMART is a great program, and it really prepares servers to handle difficult alcohol-related situations that often occur on the job.”
Kristin Kozminske, Server, Flat Branch Pub & Brewing - Columbia, MO