Meet with Cindy Foley, Registered Dietitian to discuss nutrition and eating habits.
Cindy Foley earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, and completed the Coordinated Program in Dietetics and her Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition at the University of Missouri. Cindy joined the staff of Wellness Resource Center February 2010.
Cindy will work with you to explore your current eating and lifestyle habits and help you design a plan to meet your individual nutrition and health related goals. With her, you will learn how to better manage a health condition, reach your healthy weight or simply eat more nutritious foods to prevent disease and protect your health.
Nutrition consultations for students are $15 for initial, $10 for follow-up visits; consultations for faculty and staff are $25 for initial, $15 for follow-up visits. We accept cash, check or student charge.
What we expect from you
In the event that you need to cancel your appointment, please do so 24 hours in advance by calling 882-4634, or canceling online through the Genbook Automated emails. If you "No Show" or cancel several appointments, the Wellness Resource Center reserves the right to discontinue services for the remainder of the semester.
Directions to our office
We are located in the lower level of the Student Center past the Lower Lounge, G202.
More about Dietitian Cindy Foley
Extensive experience in eating habit change, motivational strategies and goal clarification, intuitive and intentional eating and promoting a mindful, purposeful, relaxed approach to eating and fitness.
- Registered Dietitian and Active Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Licensed to practice Dietetics in the State of Missouri.
- Member of the Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Practice Group: A practice group for nutrition practitioners with expertise and skills in promoting the role of nutrition in physical performance, cardiovascular health, wellness, and disordered eating.
- Active Member of the Missouri Dietetic Association and the Central Missouri Dietetic Association.
- Certified Personal Trainer and Active Member of the American Council on Exercise.
Previous Work and Practice Settings
- Internal Medicine Dietetics and Specialty in Kidney Disease at University of Missouri Hospital.
- Private practice in Dietetics in Columbia, Missouri, working with physician referrals and teaching classes in weight management, prenatal nutrition, cost effective meal planning and other nutrition-related areas.
- Boone Hospital's wellness department, Wellaware, outpatient counseling and small group facilitation in weight management. Provided nutrition counseling in Lipid Clinic with cardiologist, exercise physiologist and R.N.
- Certified Personal Trainer at Mizzou Rec 2004 through 2010.
- Provided nutritional counseling for Personal Training clients at Mizzou Rec 2006 through 2010.