Apple Spice Muffins
A Healthy Snack, in just 15 minutes!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large unpeeled apple
- 1 6-oz. can unsweetened pineapple juice concentrate thawed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup smooth unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tins or use paper liners. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Grate apple into bowl and toss to coat.
- Combine thawed pineapple concentrate, applesauce and eggs.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and quickly stir well.
- Fill tins 2/3–3/4 full and bake apple spice muffins for 16-18 minutes.
- Makes 12 large muffins or 18 medium muffins.
Print this recipe! Close window