Property Condition Checklist
All tenants should conduct a thorough walk-through inspection of the property on the day the tenant moves in. This inspection is not required by law, however it is in the best interest of both the landlord and the tenant to conduct this inspection and identify any pre-existing damages to the apartment.
When completing this property check list, you should always pay close attention to:
- Broken locks and latches
- Dirty or stained walls, floors or appliances
- Damage to walls, floors, doors, windows and counter-tops
- Damages to fixtures such as, sinks, toilets, and mirrors
- Make sure you keep your copy in a safe place. You will need to reference this copy on the day you move-out.
- It is also a good idea to take pictures of any major damage found during the walk-through and to provide copies for the landlord when you submit the checklist.