What makes us unique?
SHAPE is a peer education program consisting of extensively-trained peer educators who lead sexual health programming and advocacy events using a variety of fun, interactive methods in a safe, nonjudgmental format.
All peers must complete:
- WGST 2960 Sexual Health Advocacy and Service Learning, a 3-credit hour course which counts as a gen ed requirement
- Complete individualized presentation training (WGST 3960; 1-hour credit)
- Our program offers student the opportunity to grow as student leaders, both personally and professionally.
The SHAPE program helps students understand they own their own body and therefore, must accept responsibility for it by:
- Engaging in open and honest COMMUNICATION with their peers about sexual health issues
- RESPECTING themselves and others by understanding their rights as sexual beings and engaging in non-exploitative relationships
- Promoting and/or using PROTECTION with every sexual act to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections and unintentional pregnancies as well as knowing the physical and emotional effects of sexual intimacy
- Teaching students to ENJOY their sexuality and their relationships according to their values
How can we help you:
- Easy scheduling and delivery of current, accurate sexual health information
- Address specific sexual health concerns in a safe, nonjudgmental manner
- Provide resources such as brochures, educational materials, and products
- Collaborate on sexual health related initiatives and events promoting safer, responsible sex
SHAPE office is located in the:
Student Health Center
1020 Hitt St.
Ground Floor – University Physicians